Friday, July 3, 2015

1924-25 New York City Directory - Boroughs of Manhattan and Bronx

1924 - New York City Directory

The listing does not state which city and the directory is not categorized either.

Transcribed:
Berech John ( O & L Restaurant ) h 254 W 25th - page 390

Not being familiar with the City of New York and it's boroughs, I don't know
if 25th is a street or avenue or if 25th is just the way it's supposed to be.
I looked on google earth... and it takes me to an apartment complex in
Manhattan and it's listed as a street.  Of course, in 1924-25, it may very
well have been just 25th.   So I'm going with Manhattan as the city, at least

Notes:
I looked all through the directory for an O & L Restaurant but I didn't see one.
There's is no telling if he is working as a waiter or owner.

FYI - in 1924 there were 2898 pages to this directory!!


No comments:

Post a Comment