Friday, July 31, 2015

DNA Results are in!

Today is my birthday and it seems appropriate to have these results available today!  

I actually got them last week but I was waiting for a large portion of the Berech's to get back from Alaska!  
Hope you guys had a great time!

-------------------------------

Wow......... So I actually found myself nervous to look at these.  

Before I opened the results I thought about other cultures that may have been "introduced" 
into my DNA line.  I wondered if I would see some Western Asia, with the Mongolian conquest 
pillaging all the way through Kazakhstan reaching all the way through Russia into Hungary
 and Romania.  Possibly even some Turk (South Western Asia) with the Conquest of the Ottoman empire.  Who knows!!??

First a summary of how Ancestry cam to their conclusions.


Pasted from Ancestry's website:



Their scientific method seems pretty solid.   

The base line samples were taken directly from peoples all over the world with strong native similarities and long established linage in the same location.

Right now their DNA samples are over 1 million and growing every day. I am told as the project continues to grow, the estimates will become more and more refined.

And here we go!
 


I've always said I was 1/2 Russian and this proves it!! Yay!

As expected, I knew I would see the Eastern European, Irish and German.  But how about that Scandinavian!!??  I didn't even think about that.  I can easily see the Scandinavian cultures migrating and or merchant trading into all three of these areas.  Especially when the Vikings were pillaging and "depositing" their DNA everywhere. ;o/

I guess the only way to see if I can single out the Scandinavian portion of my DNA from either Eastern Europe (Dad) and Western Europe (Mom) would be to test other members of the family and see if it pops up or disappears.  

Any takers? 




No comments:

Post a Comment