Friday, June 19, 2015

1932 Greenwich City Directory


1932 - Port Chester New York City Directory - Page 68

John and Olga Berech - Home Address: 17 Austin Pl, Port Chester NY


Transcribed:

 Berech John (Olga) restr (Greenwich) h17 Austin Pl

-------------------------------------------
I've been dissecting this particular city directory.  There is a lot of really cool information in a city directory. Detailed history of the location, Cool street maps and Special events!
I've been reviewing the following 5 essential departments of this directory 
  1. Miscellaneous,  (Local history, demographics and Government)
  2. Buyers Guide,  (Advertisers) (I don't see the John advertised in this book)
  3. Alphabetical List of Names (Port Chester: p 53-320) (East Port Chester p 389-439) and (Rye p451-530), 
  4. Directory of Households including a street and avenue guide (p 321-382), 
  5. Classified Business directory (p 531-621)


I looked under restaurants and lunch rooms, also bar, liquor, lounge, food and coffee for Depot Lunch or Depot Bar in Port Chester, East Port Chester and Rye.  I don't see it.  I looked for a 1932 Greenwich city directory but I don't see one listed.  I looked in the 1930 Greenwich city directory and there is nothing in the business directory either.
-------------------------------------------------

Here is the listing from the Street Guide



No comments:

Post a Comment