Thursday, May 14, 2015

1934-35 and 1939 Greenwich City Directories

The 1940 census John and his family are living on Harris Blvd (no house number listed). Also on the census it asks where they lived in 1935 and has Greenwich, Fairfield County, CT.

The following page is from the 1939 Greenwich City Directory - Page 59




Transcribed:
As listed -   Berech John (Olga; Depot Lunch)  h189 Henry (EPC)

John and Olga Berech - Business Depot Lunch - House number 189 Henry - East Port Chester
------------------------------------

I peeked at Google Earth and didn't actually see 189 Henry, East Port Chester.  It took me to 188 Henry Street. So either 189 doesn't exist anymore or the houses have been renumbered, and either "street" was added later or just wasn't deemed necessary to publish in the directory.  Since I don't know what the Henry House looked like I can't tell.  

I need to review some of the photos I have..............  

The following page is from the 1934-35 Greenwich City Directory - Page 55



Transcribed:
1934 - 35 - Greenwich Connecticut, City Directory 
Berich  John mgr Depot Lunch h Portchester
Berich  Olga (Depot Lunch) h Portchester

---------------

I was having an email conversation with J3 today and he mentioned that he remember his Dad (John Jr) saying -

"Dad also said he thought the last name could have been "Berich" but I think he was just dreaming "BeRich" lol"

Well J3..... there ya go!


No comments:

Post a Comment