Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter

So every Easter Dad would say to me in Russian...  "Christ has risen", and he always wanted me to be able to say the correct response back to him in Russian, "Truly Christ has risen."  and every year.... I wouldn't remember how.  He would teach me again and then next year..... I would have forgotten again.  I wish he were here so I could finally get it right this year, for once.

I tried to figure out how to post this but alas.... a link will have to do. 

http://listen2russian.com/lesson05/d/index.html


С Пасхой!

Христос воскрес!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful Work, Charlotte.
    On EllisIsland records,I found a passenger "Number 46. named BIRICZ, ULJANA from Razkowitzy, Minsk 22 years old" on the "Estonia" ship from Libau, Russia arriving in Ellis Island on March 1st, 1909. Uljana is a female first name. She arrived to the States three years, ten and a half months before Iwan. Were they related? Did she convince him to come to the States? Is there something there to find out? Did they meet in the States? Did they live together? She was 25 and beautiful (look at Cheryl). She must have left Libau around February 14th, 1909 (Valentine's day!)
    Good Luck Sherlock, (I meant Charlotte)
    Bye, Nabil

    ReplyDelete